Dear Parents and Guardians,
As an administrative team, one of our focuses for the year is on improving instruction. At our most recent A-Team meeting, the superintendent asked us to bring our favorite books that look at teacher instruction. After a round-table share, we selected our top six books.
Over the course of the next two months, each administrator will have an opportunity to review each book to see which would be the best fit and bring our thoughts back to an upcoming A-Team meeting. These books focus on developing a solid foundation for all teachers, preK-12, and will allow our district to develop consistent and effective instructional practices which can be used in each classroom.
The six books are:
• The 12 Touchstones in Good Teaching by Bryan Goodwin and Elizabeth Ross Hubbell
• Classroom Instruction That Works, second edition by Ceri Dean, Elizabeth Ross Hubbell,Howard Pitler and BJ Stone
• Teach Like A Champion by Doug Lemov and Norman Atkins
• Instruction for All Students by Paula Rutherford
• The Art and Science of Teaching by Robert Marzano
• Instructional Practices That Maximize Student Achievement For Teachers, By Teachers by William B. Ribas
I have read a few of these books, but I am looking forward to going through this process with my fellow administrators.
Have a great weekend!