November 7, 2013
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Last year, it was recommended to me that I share with the school community throughout the year what books I am reading. So since we are ending our first trimester, I thought it was a good time.
• Just finished: love anthony by Lisa Genova and The Time Keeper by Mitch Albom
• Half-way: Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
• Just Started: Toughness by Jay Bilas
• Common Core Standards for Elementary Grades K-2 Math & Language Arts by Amber Evenson, Monette McIver, Susan Ryan and Amitra Schools
• Common Core Standards for Elementary Grades 3-5 Math & Language Arts by Amber Evenson, Monette McIver, Susan Ryan and Amitra Schools
• The 12 Touchstones of Good Teaching: A Checklist for Staying Focused Every Day by Bryan
Goodwin and Elizabeth Ross Hubbell
Our One-Book-One-School Committee will be forming again soon---do you have any suggestions on the chapter book we will read this year? Please email me your thoughts and ideas. We would love to hear from you!
As we move into 30 & 40 degree weather, it is so important that students are dressed to be outside. Students need to be wearing winter coats, bringing hats and mittens and packing away their shorts for the winter. We go outside for recess everyday (except rain) for at least 30 minutes and it is essential that students are dressed for the weather. Thanks for your help with this matter. If your family is in need of a winter coat, hats or mittens for your child, please reach out to Mrs. Morrison.
• Individual Challenge for each student
• Earn 15 blue ribbons by December 16th have another option for those who don’t like pizza) with Ms. Holloran
Have a great weekend--