As we continue to look at our different School Board policies and keeping student safety first in our minds, all designated volunteers and chaperones must be fingerprinted and have a background check done through the SAU office.
Here is the process—
If you are thinking that in the future you would like to chaperone a field trip, help out with our skiing/skating program or volunteer your time in your child’s classroom, or give of your time at Project Promise, you must be fingerprinted and have a background check with ample time prior to the activity.
1. Contact myself or Mrs. Knott-Garon in the office. Stop by or we can send the paperwork home with your child.
2. Call the SAU office (744-5555) and speak with Sue Cross (ext. 221).
3. Schedule an appointment with Sue to go down to the SAU office in Bristol to be fingerprinted.
4. For your appointment you must bring the signed and completed volunteer form and driver’s license (or photo ID).
5. The turn-around time is about two weeks. If you are thinking about offering to chaperone soon in your child’s classroom, please understand this timeline.
Thank you in advance for understanding this situation. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t
hesitate to give me a call.
Have a great weekend!