Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome Back to the 2013-2014 school year! We have had two great days! I have enjoyed listening to all of the different adventures and experiences our students have had over the summer.
• Our school day starts with our warning bell at 7:25 a.m. It is the expectation that students are in their classrooms by 7:30 a.m., ready for the day. If you are transporting your child to school in the morning, please arrive in plenty of time so that your child will be in his/her classroom, ready to learn, at 7:30 a.m. The bus loop is closed from 7:10-7:40 a.m. to allow for the busses to have easy drop-off and pick-up.
• Since our students go out to recess and love climbing on our playground equipment and are active in kickball, tag and other movement games, students should not wear flip-flops to school. It is written in our student handbook, which was sent home this week. We want our students to be both active and safe as they move around our entire school. Students will either have physical education classes on Monday or Tuesday; on those days, students should be wearing sneakers.
• If your child is absent or is going to be tardy to school, please call the main office in the morning to let us know.
• Please check your child’s backpack each night, as there are important papers that come home, along with homework assignments and “Just Right Books”.
• Please send in a note with your child if there is a change in his/her daily “dismissal” routine.
• If you child participated in our summer reading challenge, please be sure to pass in the “shovel” paperwork to his/her classroom teacher.
• Please join us for our first PTO meeting of the year
• 6:30 p.m. in our multi-purpose room
• Check out the bulletin board across from the main office
• Go on-line to their website at https://sites.google.com/site/nhcsvolunteercenter/
• Speak with Megan Magrauth
As a way to continue to strive to improve my communication with parents and the community, I have a Twitter account. You do not need a fancy phone to be on Twitter. You can tweet using a computer or tablet. All you need to do is have a Twitter account—if you don’t have one, it is free and easy to set up. Also, if you want, you only have to follow me and not get into this social media in a huge way. Once you
have an account, search for me by typing in Ann Holloran or @aholloranNASD and click FOLLOW.
Here are some examples of the messages (tweets) I would possibly write:
• Check your child’s backpack as progress reports went home on 3/8
• NHCS—Remember, the Kids’ Expo is on 3/20—click this link for more information nhcs.sau4.org
• DES & NHCS—Remember, Early Release is tomorrow, 3/20—dismissal at noon
• Read this interesting article about bedtimes—take a look
• Due to the weather, the NHCS and DES afterschool programs are canceled.
Check out the NHCS Website
• Our address is www.nhcs.sau4.org
• Check out the new format and links—more updates to come over the next few weeks
Have a great weekend--
Twitter Follow Me. Digital image. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Aug. 2013. <http://blogimg.radikal.com.tr/Blogs/2013/02/22/twitter-F5C7-7B6B-4D66.png>.